Sunday, January 17, 2016

Truck crashes, pushes car off wall in NW Atlanta

A tractor trailer left a trail of destruction in northwest Atlanta after crashing through a fence and pushing a car off a raised parking lot.

The crash happened around 7 a.m. Friday at the Collier Lofts apartments on Collier Road.

Atlanta Firefighters told Channel 2's Audrey Washington that the truck driver was working at a business next to the apartment complex when he lost control.

Authorities say the driver actually crashed into his personal car, sending it off the lot and onto another car.

The driver was finally able to bring the truck to a stop, but not before it got at least half way over the wall.

There were no reports of injuries.

Washington spoke to a resident whose car was parked right next to one of the cars that the other car landed on.

"We heard a loud boom and then my assistant was like, 'I hope you didn't park over there,' and I looked in and I was like, 'Oh my God, my car is down there,'" said resident Walter Burch.

Crews are still working to put together how exactly this crash happened.


Source: Truck crashes, pushes car off wall in NW Atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment