Friday, March 3, 2017

1939 Standard Flying 14 in need of restoration For Sale

1939 Standard Flying 14I have owned this vehicle for over 40 years with the intention of fully restoring it but due to time constraints and other commitments I have never had the chance to carry this out.I am only the second registered owner,the car was originally owned by Taylor & White's in Bradford and upon his retirement Mr Taylor kept the car and registered it in his own name.The car has not been on the road since 1966 when Mr Taylor passed away.I have owned the car since 1971 after it sat in his widow's garage for those intervening years.The engine starts and runs with no smoke and is nice and quiet.There is good oil pressure and the dynamo charges the battery.The gearbox and clutch operate perfectly.The foot brake does work but would obviously needs attention,but it is adequate to drive around my yard area.The chassis,outriggers,spring hangers are all in excellent condition with just surface rust,the running boards are secure and solid on the car.The wood flooring is in re asonable condition but will need some attention.The wiring appears to be all complete and things like trafficators,horn etc work but would no doubt benefit from a partial or full rewire.Interior is in good order with no rips or tears on the seats,the door cards are also very good,the front carpets will need replacing,the rear carpets are in decent condition.The dashboard and clocks is all there and in reasonable/decent condition.The tyres are inflated with new inner tubes.Although the car starts up OK I have had to bypass the fuel tank as I believe the fuel tank is contaminated and will need flushing out,I have set up a temporary supply of fuel.The body itself is very solid with only slight corrosion on the door bottoms,the other small areas of repairs shown on pictures are just from small dents and not corrosion.All the chrome work is there with the car along with a spare grille.

I have the original buff log book along with the first computerised type log book and the latest styl e V5 log book.

I have all the relevant paperwork in place to keep the original registration number,however I am willing to consider selling the original number with the car as a separate agreeable transaction.If a price is not agreed upon then I will retain the number and the car will ultimately receive an age related,non transferable new registration.Anyone wishing to discuss then please ring for more details. I will NOT sell the registration number separately so please do not ask.The registration number is DAK 56 and approx 5 years ago was valued at around £3000,I will however get a more up to date valuation if anyone is interested in buying the number with the car.

I have more pictures available so if anyone is interested please get in touch and I will arrange to send them to you via e-mail.All viewings more than welcome.I have no doubt left out lots of other info so please please ask any questions via e-bay or ring me on 07785274126 for more information.


Source: 1939 Standard Flying 14 in need of restoration For Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment